Day 6 of OWOP


It's Day 6 and I only ended up sewing 3 pieces. I had wanted (probably unrealistically) to sew 7 pieces for the 7 days. But me & procrastinating were kicking it tough the last couple weeks. Soooo 3 it is.



But to be honest I've had a lot of fun stretching my creative juices to come up with new & different ways to style the 3 pieces. For me it's easy to get stuck in a style rut cuz most days I'm in either scrubs or workout gear. I feel this is a much more polished look using the color tangerine/orange which I don't usually wear.



So today I'm back to the black & white, graphic print sleeveless shell I made. I brought in the side seams starting right below the bust and blended it back to where the size large would have been originally. This really brought the top up a notch in my book! It looks a lot more tailored and less sloppy. I didn't want to mess with taking the binding off the neckline (especially since ths is a silky, frayey type polyester) and armholes to bring up the front. I will make changes on the pattern for next time to make sure I remember to petite the armholes.

Today's look has the theme of transition. Here in the PNW we are having sunny days, but cool evenings. I paired the shell with a very summer skirt, black tights, black boots and a bright infinity scarf. Don't forget the black 3/4 duster to top it off.

Comments

Popular Posts