Day 3 OWOP


For this version of the Jocole Quick Dress, I used a silky polyester fabric with a bold graphic print. I chose to make it sleeveless, no elastic & tunic length.

I cut a large with a 2" full bust adjustment (fba). I wanted an easy, breezy top that wasn't to fitted, but was fitted enough to layer under a topper as the weather cools. Unfortunately I didn't remember to bring the waist & hip back in. As an inverted triangle/top hourglass it's a balancing act to fit the bust and flatter everything below without being to tight (makes me look more top heavy) or too loose (makes me look preggers). Which especially from the side view you can see this top makes me look extremely unbalanced. The side view is especially unflattering!


I chose to finish the neckline and armholes with single fold bias binding. I just used a pre-made pack of white since I chose to fold the binding to the inside. I used the directions in my Sis Boom Angie dress because Jocole's pattern seemed to focus on homemade bias binding.

I really like the pattern of this top. The fba made all the difference from my last woven top in the bust, however forgetting to reduce the side seams from the waist done was a mistake I will correct. I will also shorten/petite the armhole by about 1.5" and add the length back to the bottom. I'm short from shoulder to bust point & then long waited.

With a topper, this is definitely a wearable muslin.


Comments

Popular Posts