Halloween 2016



Halloween 2016 was a low sew event. I wasn't too inspired to sew this year so I made do with purchases.

For me I just purchased a Wonder Woman top from Walmart (from all places). I had planned to embroider a top but I found this top for less than $20 so it was a wrap. I love that it comes with a velcro removable cape. I paired the top with royal blue scrub pants for a work appropriate Halloween costume #nurselife

T wanted to be a mermaid. So I sewed her a cute skirt out of a green scale stretch knit. I got it at Joann's & it is definitely costume quality. It is thin and runs easily. Good enough for a one time use. I found a tutorial for the skirt and I free handed the top. I helped her accessorize with some pearl necklaces & starfish earrings.

J kind of wanted a boho theme. So I bought her some bright patterned jogger pants, a peasant style top & a coordinating T-shirt in turquoise. I cut open the t to make a vest. I had some silky polyester material that I hemmed with the serger to make a headband & hip scarf. I also gave her a bunch of bangles & a trendy circular necklace to finish it off.

There you have it, basically a no sew Halloween! The girls didn't seem to mind so that is all that matters. Hope your Halloween was wonderful!


Comments

Popular Posts